Thursday, May 11, 2006

Senior Farewell

Tonight we had senior farewell, where the seniors pass down letters, and the scrapbooks that each sister made for the seniors are given out. This is also when we have an opportunity to speak to everyone and say goodbye.

I have been dreading my senior farewell I think since I got in and saw the first seniors leave us. As I got older, and more girls left, I was even more convinced that leaving would be traumatic. I think I did a pretty good job of avoiding the whole topic this semester, but now I have to face it. I am leaving and I am leaving the people that know me the best. I will see them and talk to most of them, my closest friends, but others I will not. I wonder if I made a difference in them, if I taught them anything. I wonder what their lives will be like. I hope that they will learn to love the sorority for the good and the bad as much as I have. The sorority and the girls in it have become my family, I may be related to my family, but these girls are in my soul, they have touched me more than anyone else. When I was sick, they took care of me, when I couldn't hold it together, they were there. When I needed to let loose, they didn't judge, perhaps they made fun of me a little, but that kind of perspective made me stronger, made me more able to deal with life.

Words can not express the profound sadness I have, words can not express my sheer amazement of my time here, words cannot express how much I've learned. Words cannot express my love for all of you.

No comments: