Wellll hello there...
I wish I could give you some amazing news about the progress of my job search... but guess what? I'm still not getting too far...
I'll tell you what.. Searching for a job is tough work. There is a TON of information out there about how to get the right job, quizzes to find out the best job for me, what to say, what to wear, what to do, what not to do.... but... in reality,
I think it ultimately comes to down to who we are. I've had a pretty interesting life so far, and hopefully will continue to do so, I'm goal-driven and personable... I think I've summed up my experience quite well on my resume and in my cover letter, and hopefully those things are enough to get me in the door, and then I will win them over with my sparkling personality.
However, this may very well not be the case. People have better things to do than to listen to some entry level dweeb right out of college. Or, they hire you and guess what... It's a fucking cult. Yes, thats right, I've been hired by two companies... that quite honestly are pretty weird. I mean, its great to have a positive attitude, and to get everyone pumped up, but it really seems like they are hiring and pumping out this mass army of marketing people that are willing to run around selling door to door business... for limited commission and the promise of a bright future.
I'm sorry, but that isn't going to cut it. And all the advice and stuff out there isn't giving me any great advice on how to deal with scary organizations, or ones that could really dick you over, or leave you stranded in Connecticut... (yes this has happened to me....)
So this is my advice to all of these professionals.....
Sink down to our level, loosen up... give honest advice,
and wear a bucket on your head... then maybe we'll be able to take you al ittle more seriously because you guys have loosened up...
We are a new generation, college students raised out of the internet, ahead of the pack, with more experience than you can put on one sheet of paper.
Maybe your idea of experience isn't going to fit with us, because you won't give us enough time to explain ourselves.
Sunday, June 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment