Tuesday, January 29, 2008

boomerang?

Lately I've been thinking about the phenomenon of "Boomerang kids" and of twenty somethings moving back in with their parents. I myself am seriously thinking about moving back in with my mom after being away at college for 5 years and then another 2 years renting on my own in a house with friends. I just can't take the financial strain much more, with my dad helping out with car payments, I can't make the 650-700 dollars a month for rent and utilities, car insurance, credit card bills, computer debt, basic living expenses, and I barely go out or buy things on top of that. I even work a second job as a waitress about two to three times a week. I'm either owing my friends, or someone, and the financial toll is just too high, at the cost of my psychological and physical health.
My point is, this is not something that is unique to my situation. My friends are in a similar situation and from what I've gathered across the internet, even in Great Britain , many are reporting the same experience. I found a few financial planning sites that discussed a variety of resources regarding the money matters that we encounter... supposedly.

This led me to my irritation with social bookmarking sites. Del.icio.us. I don't think it's very usable, at least.. to me, stumbleupon, you have to download the browser usually, or put the button on it, digg didn't make much sense to me either... I usually just facebook things( I <3 list of popular ones. I actually opened popurls, seems pretty cool, besides it has a pretty butterfly, and takes the most popular websites from EVERYWHERE, even youtube and the news sources. I like to be in the know.

LOLcat of the day:





No comments: