Apparently, young voters are becoming more politically active and according to TIME, it is the Year of Youth Vote. I'm excited that more attention is being drawn to this and there are a variety of other resources that have come out in order to gain more awareness of the issues. Even a documentary (surprise, surprise). I can't help but be slightly cynical and say that I'll believe it when I see it. Here and here are some "statistics" regarding the Gen Y trends in voting.
In other news, Guiliani and Edwards get out of the race, Guiliani backs McCain, Edwards refuses to name who he is supporting. The Feds make another cut in interest rates, the second in 9 days, signaling an obvious worry for the markets, the markets finished down despite the cut. Even though Afghanistan has faded to the background because of the race, an Al-qaida commander, (the dude who bombed the base that Cheney was at last year) was killed by a suicide bomber.
In Entertainment, Britney Spears was hospitalized for the second time this month (and hasn't slept in 3 days), Ethan Hawke got the nanny preggers and Gyllenhaal is more torn up than we think.
My favorite piece of news is of marijuana vending machines. They are only available outside the Cannabis Clubs in Cali, but one can dream right?
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment